• Retired Provost, Senior VP, Oakwood University
• President, University of Eastern Africa, Kenya
• Teaching and Administration:
- Miami-Dade Community College
- Ohio State University
- Morehouse University School of Medicine
• Throughout much of his career, he focused on fund raising and proposal development from corporations, foundations, and government sources.
• He served as guest speaker and consultant in education, communication, fund raising and conflict resolution throughout the United States and Africa.
• Tim holds the distinction of having served at all levels of education within and outside the SDA church from elementary school teaching to university administration throughout his 40-year career. This includes teaching and administrative positions at Miami-Dade Community College, the Ohio State University, and Morehouse University School of Medicine.
• He is known as a compassionate and people-friendly person who always has a ready smile and an encouraging word in all situations.
• Dr. McDonald received a bachelor's degree from Oakwood University, master's degree from Atlanta University and a doctoral degree from the University of Miami.
Tim is married to Beverly Clark McDonald, a retired university administrator, and they have four grown children. He enjoys bowling, golf, surfing the internet, reading and travel.