Desmond Doss Memorial Golf Tournament
May 4, 2020 - Opening date for registration!
* The DDMGT (Desmond Doss Memorial Golf Tournament) is now open for business!
* Everyone is invited to link to the Registration page for our 1st annual destination golf tournament scheduled for September 14, 2020 at the Turning Stone Golf Resort in upstate New York which is being held to raise funds to help our training program for inspiring youth by promoting character development and emphasizing the need for a personal moral compass so as to enable them to become honorable citizens.
Desmond’s dream was to inspire youth to become the next generation of good citizens, while bringing hope to our veterans and first responders who place their lives on the line every day to protect American Citizens and their Values.
* Please consider adding your name as an individual golfer, as the primary registrant for a foursome, as an individual supporter or as a tournament SPONSOR and join us in September to enjoy the game we all love!
05/04/20/ Doug Ehrhardt/ 1_News/
Charles H. Coolidge Medal of Honor National Heritage Center Ribbon Cutting
CAPT Ehrhardt, COL Knapp and Dr. McDonald
Heritage Center Dignitaries on Dais @ Opening
February 22, 2020
Members of the Desmond Doss Foundation attended the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new National Heritage Center in Chattanooga, TN and toured the Center after the event.
Photographs are from the ribbon cutting ceremony and of select members during their visit to the exhibits.
02/29/20/ Doug Ehrhardt/ 1_News/
Desmond Doss Foundation Annual Meeting
Board of Directors
February 23-24, 2020
* The Board of Directors of the Desmond Doss Foundation met for two days in Collegedale, TN to continue developing the mission, provenance and philosophy of the Foundation in order to continue the way forward in "perpetuating the legacy of Medal of Honor recipient Desmond Doss and promoting his values."
* On February 22, 2020, many of the Foundation's officers, board members and advisory board attended the dedication of the Charles H. Coolidge Medal of Honor National Heritage Center in Chattanooga, TN.
* The photograph shown above are the Foundation members which assembled at the Collegedale Community Center.
* Pictured above, left to right, are: Fred Knopper, Tim McDonald, Gabe Videla, Ellen Hostetler, Phil Garver, Charles Knapp, Desmond Doss, Jr., Jeanie Allen, Don Livesay, John Swafford, Bill Haupt, Jeffrey Cordone and Doug Ehrhardt.
02/24/20/ Doug Ehrhardt/ 1_News/
Desmond Doss Foundation Qualifies as a 501(c)3 Charitable Organization
August 2, 2019
Attached is a Department of the Treasury, IRS letter dated August 2, 2019 which states, in part, [the Foundation] "is exempt from federal income tax under Internal Revenue Code (IRC) section 501(c)3" effective October 31, 2018.
Open the letter for information regarding how donor contributions can be deducted as qualified donations under IRC section 170.
Our EIN: 83-2430662
08/06/19/ Doug Ehrhardt/ 1_News/
U.S. Army Health Clinic Dedicated in Honor of Cpl. Desmond Doss
Hawaii's Schofield Barracks Renaming Ceremony
The US Army Health Clinic, Schofield Barracks in Hawaii was renamed to the Desmond T. Doss Health Clinic to honor Medal of Honor Recipient Desmond Doss
05/09/19 07:50:29/ Douglas Ehrhardt/ 1_News/